The search for wisdom has been the pole-star of humanity for 6,000 years. Religions have come and gone, philosophies have failed, but those surviving wells of wisdom go deep and yield sweet refreshment for the soul. Buddhism, Taoism, Hinduism, Zen, and Eastern Christian writings have served as pathways to peace and enlightenment, but the path is not easily traveled. Wisdom is a harsh master, demanding authenticity and truth. No self-delusion or protection will be tolerated. The seeker must be eviscerated and lay open mind and soul. Now, the greatest books of Eastern wisdom are brought together for the sake of those seeking the path of enlightenment and liberation.
- The Dhammapada – Buddhism’s path of dharma.
- The Gateless Gate – Sacred writings of Zen Buddhism
- The Upanishads – the Vedas of Hinduism
- The Gospel of Thomas – a book of Eastern Christian wisdom
- The Tao Te Ching – the Taoist holy book